Sunny Slope Pool
A beautiful way to spend the summer
The Sunny Slope Pool Policies are intended for the safety and benefit of our members and guests. Members are expected to review these policies with their families and guests. Issues not specified in these policies will be evaluated by pool management in consultation with the board of Sunny Slope Pool. The Sunny Slope Pool Board has the right to amend existing rules or establish new rules at any time. Feel free to contact the manager or members of the board with suggestions to improve the safety of the pool environment.
· All Members and Guests are required to follow Sunny Slope policies.
· Members are responsible for conduct of guests. Failure to follow policies by a member or their guest can result in restriction or cancellation of membership.
POOL HOURS OF OPERATION
· Sunday through Friday 1:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
· Saturday 12:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
· Please be courteous of pool staff and be prepared to vacate pool premises at closing time.
· End of Season Pool Hours, once Omaha Public Schools begins classes:
· The temperature must be 71 degrees at 12:00 p.m. to open the pool. The manager, in consultation with board members, will determine if the pool will open at 1:00 p.m. The manager will continue to monitor the weather to determine if the pool can open later in the day.
· In case of severe weather, the pool staff will inform swimmers if the pool will close during operating hours.
· If lightning is present in the area, no swimmers will be allowed back in the water for 30 minutes following the last lightning event when thunder was heard/lightning seen. For safety reasons, staff will ensure that swimmers are given notice if they need to call home for a ride.
All persons use the pool and facilities at their own risk. The corporation will not be responsible for any accidents or injuries in connection with the use of the pool.
There are no facilities available for checking clothes or valuables and the corporation will assume no responsibility for any stolen items, lost items or damaged items. There have been incidents of theft in the parking lot when valuables were visible through the window.
· Only one person allowed on the diving board
· The wading pool is for children under 6 years. Lifeguard protection is not provided. Adult supervision is required for children under 6 years.
· Children without adult supervision must be able to swim the length of the big pool upon request by the manager.
· Only objects approved by the manager will be allowed in the pool
· All swimmers must be in good health. The manager may refuse admittance for health reasons. (ex: open wounds, inflamed eyes, abrasions, etc...).
· Management may close the pool to admission at any time the capacity of pool demands additional staff to provide proper supervision. Until staff arrives, management reserves the right to keep the pool closed to both members and guests.
· No abusive or profane language allowed. No spitting allowed.
· Theft/destruction of pool or member property will be reported to the proper authorities.
· No pushing, running, rollerblading, skateboarding, bike riding on deck, riding on shoulders in the pool, or acts causing excessive disturbance are allowed.
· Other behavior issues may be addressed at the discretion of the pool staff.
· Any member found in the pool area without permission, after the pool closes will have their membership suspended. Members and non-members will be reported to the proper authorities for trespassing. Repeated offenses may result in loss of membership.
· Discipline problems at the pool or on the pool grounds will be reported to the manager on duty. The general policy of discipline: 1) verbal warning; 2) if behavior continues after warning, sit out of the pool for 10-15 minutes; 3) if behavior continues or is severe, dismissal from the pool for the remainder of the day and notification of parents. Repeated offenses may result in suspension of privileges
MEMBER AND GUEST CHECK IN
· All members and guests are required to check in upon arrival each day.
· All guests must be accompanied by the host member.
· Guests must register at the desk with pool staff and pay guest fees when entering the pool.
· Guest fees are: age 3 and under – free; all others - $5.00 each.
· Guest privileges are for one calendar day.
· Misuse of guest privileges will be addressed by the pool management and board.
The pool will be cleared for an adult swim/rest break the last 10 minutes of every hour. Adults 18 and older will only be allowed in the pool during this time.
· Approved swimming attire is required while swimming (no cut offs, boxers, etc…).
· Children must be toilet trained, or must wear “swimmer’s diapers” to be allowed use of pool.
· Other swimming attire issues may be addressed at the discretion of the pool staff.
· Please observe the NO PARKING signs that are posted. Members and guests cross over to the parking lot and cannot be seen if cars are parked in front of the pool.
· Please use the bike rack for bicycle parking.
No glass containers are allowed in the fenced pool area.
Smoking is prohibited within the pool facilities.
No pets are allowed in the pool or in the pool area.